Monday, November 16, 2015

Butcher and Beer

I got a flyer in the mail last week for a new local business. This isn't all that unusual, but the business in question isn't something I'd seen before.
My initial thought was that it must be a kind of deli/brewpub. I expected a little dining area, maybe sandwiches or brauts, and beers on tap. This was not the case.

When they say "Meat Market and Growler Station", that's exactly what they mean. It's a pretty standard butcher's counter, with a tap station behind the register. No dining, no deli, just the meats and a place to get your growler filled. I've obtained a lot of beer from a lot of places, but a butcher shop is a new one on me.  I didn't let that stop me, though. Especially since they were giving me a free growler. (The container. Still had to pay for the beer.)
That's a BBQ chicken breast along with the growler. I cooked it up on my counter-top grill and was pretty happy with the result. Went nicely with a bowl of rice for a couple of meals.
As for the beer, it's a cherry IPA that I've enjoyed, although the flavor is a bit on the bitter side for my taste. Well worth a try, though.

Good luck to the folks down at Campau Corner with their Meat Market and Growler Station. It's an odd mix of businesses, but you never know what may work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment