Thursday, January 7, 2016

Recent Baking

A quick round-up of a few recent baking adventures. Nothing particularly special, just keeping the baked goods population up. For some reason, they disappear awfully fast...

First, some cheese bread. I used this recipe, with the Parmesan cheese substitute. (And regular generic flour, not King Arthur brand. Sorry, King Arthur people.)
I was really pleased with how this turned out. Sliced nicely without crumbling, which made it perfect for making grilled cheese sandwiches. Great with soup, too.

I ran across some cornbread mix on sale at the store, so I decided to try it out. Hadn't used my square pan in a while anyway. 
Turned out pretty well, and also very good with soup. Dried out quickly, though. I can't eat all that in one day (well, I probably could, but not a good idea), and the next day I was not so much eating cornbread as adding cornbread crumble to the soup. Not bad as a change of pace, but I probably won't do it regularly.

And of course, more cookies. 
Specifically, macadamia nut (pictured) and chocolate chip (not pictured). Minimal work on these - just bought some frozen cookie dough and tossed them in the oven. Not quite as good as those made from scratch, but not bad and really easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment