Monday, September 19, 2016

Ahoy, Donuts

Ahoy, mateys, it be Talk Like a Pirate day!
The pirate face donut was a little worse for wear after the trip home. But hey, what pirate doesn't have scars?
Krispy Kreme donut stores have been celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day for the last few years with free donuts. Ask for your donuts like a pirate, get an extra donut. Dress like a pirate, get a dozen free donuts.

I generally need very little excuse to eat donuts, and not much more to say "Arrrr." So this worked out very nicely. It's a bit of a drive up to the nearest Krispy Kreme store, but I justified it to myself by running a couple of errands while I was out.

When I arrived, there was a group all dressed up as pirates picking up their dozens of donuts. Wish I'd thought to bring my camera! Once they'd claimed their booty, I picked up some of my own (pictured). I only got the one extra donut since I didn't dress up, but I did get to place my order by saying "Ahoy, matey, I be needing them pirate donuts."

It be September 19th, so go forth and talk like a pirate, me hearties!